Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sweet Dreams, Baby Giraffe!"





Stars dripped from a cloud floating
above the changing table. See how
I made it HERE
A few years ago I designed a nursery for one of my best friends who was expecting her second baby. The excited parents didn't know the sex until baby came into the world and the doctor proclaimed "It's a Boy!" 
Since they were preparing for one of the biggest surprises of their lives, we designed a neutral space that would be the perfect place for either a boy or a girl to get a good night sleep.


My friend had mentioned she'd thought about using giraffes in the room and I was inspired to use stars because they fit so well with the color scheme of gray, aqua and yellow. 
I decided to just make the two themes work together and "Sweet dreams Baby Giraffe!" was born - Think sleeping giraffes, clouds and lots of twinkly stars!







When I designed this space, I hadn't started my ETSY SHOP yet, so I handmade all of the decor. If I were to have designed the space today, I would have added this sweet giraffe print - available HERE - in the room. It features a little giraffe with stars speckled across his coat and his head in the clouds. This nursery was the inspiration for the "Dream Big ..." print and I hope it can act as the inspiration to the nursery you are working on!

Here are a few more pics of how the nursery turned out. I think everyone really loved it. It was such a relaxing space for a baby boy - and a few giraffes - to have sweet dreams among the stars!



I love the look of tree decals above
cribs. This one had stars twinkling
around it and dripping from the
branches. Check out another
one I created HERE that is black,
white and pink and was
fit for a princess



This aqua, gray and yellow giraffe 
was a great find at Hobby Lobby 
- I could spend hours in that store -
 and provides the perfect finishing 
 touch to the changing table.


A cozy aqua throw and yellow giraffe 
looked right at home on this gray glider. 




Like what you see? Don't forget to stop over at A Firefly Hill Creation to buy and instantly
download your print to add the perfect finishing touch to your little one's nursery!







No comments:

Post a Comment