Monday, January 9, 2017

An enchanted forest nursery fit for a princess

There are so many cute themes out there, but when I was designing our daughter's room, I wanted something that would grow with her for a while. I decided I wanted it to look like she had stepped into an enchanted forest! I used a basic palette of pink and green and added in lots of branches and trees. A bit of hard work and a little DIY later, and here is what it looks like!



 I knew immediately that I wanted a large tree 
as the focal point of her nursery, 
but to get one as large as I wanted 
would have been way too expensive. 
I am no painter, but really felt like 
I could tackle this for her. 
I ended up doing two trees in the room 
and it took me about 12 hours 
between the two of them. 
I just sketched out the trunk design 
and then started painting everything. I really enjoyed 
painting them and am so happy with how they turned out. 
Since I think great design is in the details,
the final thing I added to the large tree was
a heart with the initials 
of hubby and I. It still makes me sappy when I see it!


This is the second tree I painted. 
It was inspired by a specific decal I had seen.
I had hubby add shelves to the two
right branches, but we didn't want
to drill into the left because 
the chimney is behind it. So, instead, 
two cute owls were perched there. 

These cute owls were completely free as a result
of me raiding my craft closet. I found cute 
scrapbook paper I had been hoarding for years, 
looked at the basic shape of an owl and started cutting. 
Since they are just paper, I used plain scotch tape
to hang them on the wall. It's been more than two
years and they are still holding strong!

The wall above her changing table seemed pretty
bare, so I created this quick mobile for her to look
at during her many diaper changes. 
I am not big on putting mobiles above sleeping areas, 
but I thought above a changing table would be great!
I just took a cherry blossom branch from Michaels, 
clipped butterflies to it and then hung more sparkling 
butterflies from the bottom. She really loved this
and it stayed up until she could reach it during
changes and started pulling on the butterflies. 







If you are looking for something that would be the perfect addition to your enchanted forest or woodland themed nursery, check out the birth statistics poster in my shop! 
It's a great and whimsical way  to commemorate 
one of the most important days in your life!





No comments:

Post a Comment