Sunday, March 6, 2016

Two peas in a pod





I was so excited to find out my cousin (who is more like a sister to me) is pregnant - and was even more excited when she told me it's TWINS!!! I can't wait to meet them. When Greta, another cousin of hers, asked me if I wanted to help plan a baby shower, I was totally on board! I suggested we do a two peas in a pod theme or a Noah's Ark (two by two) theme. Two peas won out and I am so glad because the results were adorable!

I designed this invitation to set the tone for the shower. If you are planning a Two Peas in a Pod theme, you can buy your invitation HERE
Plus it can be custom designed for two boys, two girls or one of each!



Here is how our shower turned out and a few easy ways to make your shower just as special! Don't forget to stop over at my Etsy shop, aFireflyHillCreation, to get the invitations and a poster for your party!


Since my cousin is having a boy and a girl, we went with green and pink for the color scheme: Green for the boy and pink for the girl!

DIAPERS DIAPERS EVERYWHERE


The first thing I knew I wanted to make for her also doubled as a decoration. What do you need when you are having twins? Well, twice as much of everything, but especially diapers. There were about 75 diapers used to make this diaper cake. I have seen a lot of different tutorials on how to make them, but the easiest way for me, just happens to be one of the quickest! I love what the swaddle blankets do for the look of the cake. It just gives a smoother finish. And finding a swaddle blanket with little peas on it was icing on the - um - cake! I was so excited that day!!
Be sure to check back soon for my tutorial on how to make one yourself!


Greta also used diapers to create a usable decoration! These diaper "peas in a pod" centerpieces looked adorable placed on each table. Two paper baby heads peeked out of a collection of rolled diapers that were wrapped inside tissue paper fashioned to look like a pea pod! Guests were instructed to take a diaper and write a silly or sweet message for the parents-to-be! The same idea was done at my baby shower and, my hubby and I can attest, reading the messages makes late-night changes so much more fun!


Of course I had to make a milestone poster for her. As time goes on, it's so easy to forget those special little moments about your pregnancy. From cravings to wishes for the babies' futures, my hope is for this poster to help her remember all the special moments about her pregnancy for years to come.



Sweet peas


 

These sugar cookies were a last-minute idea I had the night before the shower. I just happened to have all the items on hand and thought I would give it a try. Store bought ingredients made for quick results. I simply dropped cookie batter onto a cookie sheet, topped it with bagged frosting and pressed a single heart sprinkle at the center of each cookie. After they cooled, I tucked two cookies into a ziplock bag (I cut the zipper part off of each bag before I started) folded the top back and taped it down. Then all that was left to do was wrap green tissue paper around each set, gather the ends and tie it off with some ribbon! Adorably "sweet" peas in a pod!


Greta also had a cute idea for a "sweet" pea, two. Smarties were wrapped up in tissue paper and set at each place setting as a little way to say thanks for coming! Now that's a "Smarties" idea, right?! Haha! You know you think I'm funny!

Let's eat!



Guests were greeted at the front of the buffet line by these adorable Two Peas in a Pod plates I found on Amazon. I have mentioned before that I LOVE the dollar tree! These plates were so cute, but too pricey for my budget to be able buy enough for a shower where nearly 100 people were invited, so I simply bought 1 set of 16 and filled in with pink plates from Dollar Tree. It worked out perfectly!


I cut sandwich bread out with a round cookie cutter and topped with cream cheese, which had been mixed with ranch powder, and two cucumbers. Topping the platter with one of the Two Peas napkins helped reinforce the theme. 



My mom made these adorable pea pods stuffed with her homemade chicken salad. The two peas perched atop each one was the perfect finishing touch. Adorable!



We've already talked about the cookies, but check out the adorable cupcakes that were served as dessert. mmmm


He and she was highlighted on a Hershey bar in honor of the sweet babies. This is also a great idea for a gender reveal party!


Don't forget to wash it all down with some green punch!



Prizes

With so many guests, a lot of prizes were a must. Double mint gum, double stuf Oreos, Double Bubble and a Sweet Pea candle were all perfect prizes to be given at a shower for twins!






That's it! I hope you enjoyed our shower! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out www.afireflyhillcreation.etsy.com to get your invitations, posters and see other themes!






No comments:

Post a Comment